Forms of questions used during meeting for collecting information. Part 1
The toolbox of a interviewer that is professional packed with tricks. One of these may be the utilization of the appropriate question in a time that is proper. Therefore, there are lots of kinds of concerns with regards to the needs associated with interviewer. His art is based on selecting the question that is right making the individual talk and tell their secrets. The reader will appreciate such an interview and never stop reading it in the middle in such a case. According to the function they perform within the meeting, questions are split into:
- Topic concerns,
- administration concerns,
- behavioral concerns.
Intent behind subject types of concerns
The objective of the questions that are subject to acquire information. Topic concerns are actual, evaluating, introspective, projective and hypothetical.
- Real concerns are questions regarding genuine activities, as an example: ” just What did you discuss through your meeting that is last with president?”
- Assessing questions are questions regarding the attitude of this interlocutor to something or someone, as an example: ” just What do you consider about those who can not make money?”
- Introspection concerns are questions regarding the emotions for the interlocutor, for example: ” What do you feel when he picked within the weapon and began pointing at you?”
- Projective questions are questions regarding the behavior that is possible of interlocutor in imaginary situations, for instance: ” just What can you do if for example the child were taken hostage?”
- Hypothetical questions are questions regarding feasible activities therefore the conditions with regards to their development, for instance: “When will Russia have the ability to manage to have a specialist army?”
Function of administration types of concerns
Management questions serve to manage the discussion and are also divided in to opening, transitional, filtering, approving and cognitive.
The journalist usually starts an interview with the opening question. Concerns of this type comprise of two components. The first part is a declaration when the journalist names the subject of this meeting. The next part is a shut question (requiring a “yes” or “no” answer). The mixture of “affirmation plus a open concern” is dangerous, since an available question can provoke a lengthy speech associated with interlocutor, that is undesirable at the beginning of the interview.
Transitional concerns contain an element of the interlocutor’s statement and a question that is new. They produce the impression of continuity of conversation, as an example: “You said that in your time that is spare you to push. And just how can you feel in regards to the brand new hobby of our elite – skiing? “
Filtering concerns include a fragment associated with the response and a ask for clarification. They help to simplify what happens to be said, also to keep consitently the thread of discussion if the interlocutor deviates through the subject.
The approving real question is an exclamation plus the demand to share with further. For instance, the interlocutor says he won a million dollars into the lottery. Replica for the journalist: “Million bucks! And just how did spent it? http://justessaywriters.com “
The cognitive concern provides to grasp and assess the just-heard answer, for instance: “Do not you discover this statement exaggerated?”